Friday 23 February 2018

Top 5 goals for my cottage stay 2018!


With the rain we have been having lately, all of our snow has melted and we can see the grass underneath.  I can't help but think of summer during this time.   Even though things are wet and cool outside, with little to no snow, I am thinking about what I would like to do during my cottage stay this summer.

Owning a cottage is great but going away on vacation to your own cottage can become more of a work stay than a relaxation stay.   I have set a few goals for my stay at Mallard Beach this summer hopefully forcing myself to stop work and enjoy some time with my family.

1) Quest for the ultimate Burger!   I know I have mentioned this in a previous entry.  I still feel like there might be a fantastic spot that only the locals know about.   I hope to sample a few different spots to try and find the best burger in the Parry Sound / Muskoka area.   I have a few spots on my radar.   Kate's Kart is known for their burgers.  I feel as though this will be the one to beat.   I am sooo looking forward to this very important research!   :)



If anybody has recommendations - please let me know!   I'm looking anywhere in the Muskoka or Parry Sound area!

2) Another item on my to-do list, is to check out White Squall Paddling Centre   They rent out kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddle boards.   They also offer day trips and tours.    Sounds like it would be a lot of fun!   This would be a great escape for the family out in nature.   Hopefully I can get the whole family on board for this one!

3) I've had a few of our guests recommend the Sawdust City Brewery Tour - The Sawdust Brewery is located in Gravenhurst, Ontario.   I've never been there myself, but I look forward to giving it a try.  They have six core brands of craft beers but they also have seasonal offerings.   I'm not much of a beer drinker but I'm always willing to give new things a try!


4) Killbear Provincial Park I hear it is amazing!   There is a beautiful six kilometre trail for hiking or biking and beautiful sandy beaches.  Again I have never been there - so this will be a fun new experience for the family!

5) Eat at one of the Rocky Crest Golf Resort restaurants.  The "Windows Restaurant" and "On the Bistro" look amazing.  I have heard a lot of good things but again, I haven't had a chance to eat there myself.  I try to make a point to try new restaurants but because these two restaurants are only open during the summer months, I seem to keep missing them.   Again - please leave a comment if you have dined at either restaurant.   I look forward to hearing all about it!

Fingers crossed I get all five of these goals checked off during my 2018 summer cottage stay.   I have our family getaway week booked already for 2019 at Hammond Haven!   A year and a half away and I'm already getting excited!


Dean Curtis
Serenity Vacation Rentals

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information with us. There is luxury rentals in Los Angeles provided by nomadeclub, which is the best online portal to book home on rent at fair price.

    ReplyDelete